Our work is grounded in three core values:
Empower | Create | Sustain
1. give (someone) the authority or power to do something.
2. make (someone) stronger and more confident, especially in controlling their life and claiming their rights.
We empower in four ways:
Inclusion - all ages, abilities, income levels, creative experience/ skill levels are welcomed, accommodated, and encouraged through their interactions with Trash Puppets.
Inspiration - we inspire through the magic and joy of puppetry, and of art more generally.
Transformation - we turn “I can’t” into “I can”.
Innovation - we create safe space for risks to be taken and to be celebrated.
1. bring (something) into existence.
We encourage creativity in four ways:
Play - we are playful and fun in everything we do.
Curiosity - we find ways through problems through getting curious about the solutions.
Touch - interacting with physical, tactile materials gets us out of our heads and into our hands and hearts.
Freedom - we mentor, coach, and facilitate, rather than prescribe or demand individual creative outcomes.
1. strengthen or support physically or mentally.
2. cause to continue for an extended period or without interruption.
3. uphold, affirm, or confirm the justice or validity of.
We embrace sustainability holistically through three channels:
Environment - we value and respect the resources we are given.
Social - we build partnerships and foster opportunites for collaboration.
Economic - we create work that’s viable and in-demand. We employ creative professionals; supporting the arts industry.